- Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust
doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
- But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither
moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor
- For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good
thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
- And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good
but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
- He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou
shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
- Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour
- The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my
youth up: what lack I yet?
- Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou
hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and
come and follow me.
- But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful:
for he had great possessions.
- Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell
that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure
in heaven: and come and follow me.
- Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing
thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor,
and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross,
and follow me.
- Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great
in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
- Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not
old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth,
neither moth corrupteth.
- Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing:
sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have
treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
1 Peter 1:
- To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
- Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
- In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
- For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of
your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an
1 Corinthians 15:
- All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
- There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
- There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
- And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
- In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
|| © Church Universal and Triumphant
"Jesus said unto him, 'If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven...' "