- And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
- By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
2 Kings 2:
- And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.
- And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
- And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
- And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
Daniel 12 :
- And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
- And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
- And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
1 Corinthians 15:
- Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
- In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
- For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
- So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
- O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
- And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
- And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.
- And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:
- And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.
- If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
- And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
- And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
- That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
- And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
- And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
- Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
- Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
- And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
- And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
- And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
- And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
- He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
- And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
- And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
- And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
- And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
- And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
- And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
- And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
- In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
- And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
- And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
- And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
by Esther Frye
"...behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." 2 Kings 2:11